Sunday, March 16, 2014

Colette's Negroni

So here's what took me 15.5 hours. 



My first men's shirt.
   
This was the muslin and luckily I made one because it's too small for the fella's shoulders. 
I got the fabric super cheap from an estate sale.  The "light" interfacing I used was waaaayyy too thick making it really hard to get the pearl snaps to fasten to the shirt. I think I will take it in at the waist and fix the pearl snaps.   That way I can justify spending so much time on a (semi-failed) project. 


All in all it was still really fun to make, but it was very difficult getting those flat felled seams right but I think I did better than mediocre.   

This is an intermediate pattern is from Colette pattern's Walden line.   I'm afraid to see what their advanced patterns involve.  I found the pattern very helpful and also used the sewalong from male patterned boldness.  I have to say that I cant wait to start on another one (in a bigger size) with different pockets and lighter interfacing.   


Sharing over at Make- it and Love-it
Make It and Love It

-Nique