Recently, I went foraging for the first time.
We got 10 cups of Mulberries!!!
So I thought a pie would be a great use of all these lovely babies.
What you will need (for one pie)5 cups of mulberries
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 tsp of vanilla
your favorite pie crust
The fun part
1. De-stem and wash your mulberries.
2. Squeeze half of a grapefruit over the mulberries (let's say 1 tablespoon)
3. Mix the sugar, flour, and vanilla in with the mulberries.
4. Roll out your favorite pie crust. And Dump in the pie filling
5. Top in your favorite manner. I chose to do hearts.
6. Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes.
7. Let cool completely, cut yourself a slice, and enjoy.