Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 10

All week, it felt like a brownies for Friday type of week...but when I woke-up obnoxiously colorful funfetti cupcakes seemed like the better choice.  



Being the first week of classes I thought it would be nice to be a little more festive than white cream cheese icing.



 So I dyed the icing orange (3:1 yellow:red ratio) and tried out some rosette pattern using a handy dandy and now recyclable ziploc bag.   (Obviously I needed some practice, but I think I got the hang of it by the end)

Yummy sugary goodness

So after the cupcakes were eaten, we went to La Tienda.  So good :)

chips and guacamole 

I love lime :)

tasty meaty nachos


 The fella had a quesadilla and apparently they have amazing scallop tacos.
~~~Soooooo, on a side note, there are three  (yes, 3) dictionary acceptable ways of pronouncing scallop.  English can be strange and mystical at times)

-Nique

No comments:

Post a Comment