Sunday, March 16, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Trish Martin over at the decoratoraholic.  The Liebster Award is an award that is given to up and rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers on any given social media outlet.  I'm just honored that someone I've never met in person actually reads my blog. :) Thanks Trish, I'm very honored.  I hadn't really read about the Liebster award (only seen the buttons).  There seems to be quite a lot of variation in the rules, but it seems the ones the Trish has posted are the most current/recent set.  I like that it is a sharing is caring award too, so I have the chance to recognize others.  

Here is a list of rules I have to follow.

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted about you.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 questions the nominated bloggers have to answer.
5. Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated.
(no tag backs)

11 Random facts about me
1. I've only ever eaten Brussels sprouts once in my life (last week in fact).
2. I do not have any kids.
3. I have a minpin, that loves to sunbathe. 
4. I'm very unorganized in my personal things but my lab stuff is so organized (and color coded)
5. I love sweets (it's a problem that I'm working on). 
6. I don't like yellow flesh peaches (only the white flesh ones) even though I'm from "the south".
7. Sadly, I'm allergic to cats.
8. I don't  really watch TV, just listen to it. 
9. I love debates. 
10. I'm afraid to cook fish. 
11.  If I'm cooking chicken, I can only cook whole ones. (thighs/breasts in a row really weird me out)
Trish's questions (and my answers):
1. What is your favorite past time?

2. Do you own a pet?
Indeed, I have a minpin. 
3. How have blogging affected your life?
It's made me try and finish more projects.
4. Where was your favorite vacation spot?
The beach (and that means one where you can actually swim)
5. Where do you find your blogging inspiration from?
other blogs mostly.  
6. If there is one place in the world you could live...where would it be?
Where I live now. 
7. Who is your favorite author?
Don't really have a favorite to be honest.
8. Do you have a favorite movie...if so...what is it?
Chocolat.
9. What kind of blog do you have?
sewing/craft
10. Do you have a favorite post on your blog?
as of now.  Probably my Negroni post. I'm just so happy to have finished my first piece of menswear.
11. Do you ever get discouraged about blogging?
Of course.  Sometimes I think what's the point no one is reading this. But then I remember why I started blogging.  To make myself finish projects.  It's a way to work on my writing and photo skills too.  

My nominees (in no particular order) ( I used bloglovin' numbers)


My questions
1. What was the runner up name for your blog? 
2. What is your all time favorite quote?
3. What's your favorite pair of shoes? 
4. What's your favorite scientific discovery?
5. What is your favorite holiday?
6. Baking or cooking?
7. What decade and/or country should you have been born in?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What is your favorite podcast?
10. Favorite type of ice cream?
11. What is your favorite citrus fruit?


Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment