Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 196: Thread Theory Arrowsmith undershirt

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been so long since I lasted posted.  I unexpectedly got to Haiti at the beginning of July for my Grandmother's 80th birthday!!! Thanks to my amazing aunt and uncle.

So, while I did not make all of my goals for the free pattern sewing month, I'll still be sharing what sewing I have been up to.

First off, I'm sharing the tank I sewed up for my fella using the FREE men's Arrowsmith undershirt pattern from Thread Theory


So this is maybe the 4th or 5th thing I've ever sewed using knits and generally I think it was successful (except for the part where I forgot to switch to a straight stitch when using my double needle and subsequently broke it :/ ). 

I went with the fella's size as according to the chart but should have gone down a size due to the stretch of the knit I used.  The fella picked out the fabric for a cardigan, but it's a tissue-y knit so that was a no go.  But I ordered it anyways and surprised him with this tank.  
The pattern and directions were generally easy to follow. I just wish that the right and wrong sides of the pattern and fabric were clearly labelled in the directions. I really enjoyed the cutting guide on the printed patterned pieces which made tiling and taping the pieces super streamlined.

(Please excuse the scraggly thread.)  I think I did a pretty okay job lining up the stripes on the fabric too.

The fella was getting bored so he started making silly poses. This one is my favorite.

The Arrowsmith tank seems to be great for the Florida humidity.  He likes it as lounge wear. I'm seriously considering using this pattern to make a ladies tank dress.


Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment