Wednesday, September 17, 2014

OWOP: rectangles

So recently, I signed up for One Week One Pattern (OWOP) hosted by Handmade Jane.  The idea is to wear different versions of the same pattern for 7days.  I had originally signed up to do the Belcarra blouse by Sewaholic, but that just was not practical given my schedule as of late.  I really liked the idea of OWOP, so instead I chose gathered skirts as my pattern.  These are all self-drafted skirts using simple rectangles.

Day 1
Mustache skirt with suspenders.
 

Day 2
Perry the platypus maxi
 

Day 3
Haiirookami skirt

Day 4
Coral maxi

Day 5
Grey floral skirt

Day 6
Game day maxi

Day 7
Mustache skirt sans suspenders

Bonus
Day 8
Coral dress


Well I was pretty happy to get to wear me made clothes and it’s nice to get to wear maxis.  Sewing allows shorter people to look good in maxis (and not just drag them around on the floor)! The OWOP challenge made me realize that I love me some prints and quilting cotton.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment